More winter preparations
Having a laptop with a wireless AirCard connection means I will still be able to communicate with others if the weather gets icy, as it's subject to do during Arkansas winters. This is yet another way to prepare for those days when I might not be able to leave my house.Living near the top of a hill on a steep road means no one drives up and down it when there's ice. Some of my neighbors actually park their cars at the bottom of the hill, next to the highway, then walk up the hill, home. For me, this isn't really an option. With back problems, I can't walk up that long hill when it's icy or I risk falling and further injuring an already damaged disk.
Anyway, I'm going to be shopping around for a solar charger I can use for my laptop so I don't have to be concerned about the battery life, should the power go out. I'll let you know what I come up with and the price so you can decide if this is something you might need as well.
Labels: Shopping, Technology







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home