spellquizzer

Thursday, March 06, 2008

What's up with this?

At some point in time, your child will probably get a job. It might be at a local McDonald's or some other place, but a job can certainly be a learning experience for her. Through even a part time job, your child can learn to be a self-starter, can learn to deal with people, can learn to manage her own money, and can learn to rise to the challenges that she may face in her from time to time at work.

For instance, tonight I'm blogging from a motel room that's about 40 miles from my regular work place. I worked a full shift down here in a new store, helping to finalize things so it could open in the morning. Because our weather had gone all snowy, we were asked to come back and get a room so we could also be at work early in the morning.

It's not too bad, though. The room our supervisor reserved for us is clean and nicely appointed. The bathing facilities are bright with nice Danze faucets and a cheerfully colored shower curtain. I suppose things could be worse, and I really have stayed in more dreary rooms in the past. Ideally, I'd be home in my own bedroom, but sharing this room with three of the girls from work isn't bad at all. I'm sort of like the "dorm mom" tonight...lol

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home