What is a homeschool classroom?
When you're new to homeschooling, you often start out thinking you have to have a classroom setup, complete with student desks and office furniture for the teacher. However, this is just mimicking the traditional classroom setting and doesn't always work for homeschool.While I did have my own desk, where my PC resided along with all the papers, scissors, glue, and everything else I needed to create lesson plans and unit studies, my kids would do their school work in their bedrooms, at the kitchen table, on the living room floor, or even outside in a lawn chair. Where they were was less important to me than what they were doing. I never cared if they were lying across the floor pillows or sitting at a table, as long as they were learning.
For us, the "classroom" was more global. We had educational things to do in the car while on trips, even if it was just a trip to the grocery store. Where ever we went, I snagged every opportunity to be teaching my children.
Labels: General learning, Homeschool families







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home