spellquizzer

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Writing skills

This is the time of year when I get a lot of invitations - graduation invites, wedding announcements and birth announcements. I'd love to be able to respond to all of them, but I have to carefully choose which ones I actually buy gifts for and which ones are not people who are close enough to me to warrant a gift.

I do, of course, let the person know that I'm honored they thought of me. It really is an honor to be invited to an event, especially when you understand that there are a limited number of invitations or announcements that are sent out.

These events are a good time to teach your children to respond graciously. If a gift is received by your child, teach him or her to send thank you notes to the giver. I feel that this is quickly becoming a lost art and it always warms my heart to receive one.

I especially love the ones that are hand-written or ones where the child has drawn a little picture on the front. This shows thought and effort on the child's part.

Thank you notes should include an appreciatory note about the gift, what the gift was, and how the recipient is using it.

Technorati Tags: ,,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home