Upcoming Christmas
The weather is cooling down, especially at night, now. As I look out across the woods that surround our house, I see leaves already turning red and gold, mixed in with the leaves that are still green for awhile longer.Do these colors remind you of anything?
They remind me that Christmas is only a little over three months away! Where has the year gone?
Anyway, it's time for me to start shopping for gifts for my loved ones. I don't go far beyond my closest relatives - Sis, Mom, kids, grandkids. I rarely get gifts for anyone outside the family, though I do sometimes make baked goods for special friends. It's not that I don't feel generous but in the current economy it's just not practical for me to be making a lot of extra purchases.
When my kids were younger, I'd often get one big gift for them to share, then smaller more personal gifts for each child. One year, we got the kids a PS3 that they enjoyed for a long time. Getting extra controllers and games helped to keep them occupied on days off when they couldn't go outside. It was also nice when they had friends over. We knew what they were doing and that they weren't someplace else, possibly being tempted into activities we wouldn't approve of.
So, have you begun your Christmas shopping list yet?
Labels: Shopping







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home