Spring around the corner?
In my part of the country, we are pretty well over the hump where winter is concerned, although there could be more ice or snow in the next few weeks. It's not likely, though, that we'll have a major winter storm after February is over. To tell you the truth, I'll be so glad when Springtime finally arrives!
My thoughts have already turned to garden planning and getting the soil ready to receive plants and seeds. I don't do as much gardening as I did in the past, but I do plant the things I really love. Herbs are at the top of my list, of course, then peppers, tomatoes, onions, and lettuce. See, it's just some small stuff but these are the plantings that give me the most joy and the most bang for my buck.
Gardening, getting out in the fresh air, digging in the dirt - this is just about the best fat burner around. if I didn't have to go to work, I'd spend a lot more time working in my yard and garden than I do now. At least, though, maybe this year I can install more raised beds for my garden plants and have them under better control.
Labels: Musings







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home