spellquizzer

Friday, April 23, 2010

Communicating with others

I work with several Spanish speaking people, and I find I'm learning a lot of everyday, conversational Spanish. The ladies I work with are, in turn, learning more everyday English. Neither is the lesson by lesson, second-language kind of English or Spanish. But it's useful language skills that we can all use at work and in other areas of our lives.

I'm not saying I could go into a Spanish speaking community and understand everything or ask for something like acne pills, but I can now carry on some conversations in a rather broken Spanish. I can get most of my message across with a weird mix of Spanish, English, and gestures.

I think it's important to be able to communicate with those around you, and for them to be able to communicate with you. The ladies I work with do pretty much as I do...speak with a mix of some English and some Spanish, and some gestures.

Technorati Tags: ,,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home