spellquizzer

Friday, September 17, 2010

Flu season

Is it already flu season, or is it just me? I saw in the local paper that they are giving flu shots to the kids in the public schools. Last year, they had so much absenteeism due to the illness that I guess this year, they are trying to head that off. I truly hope this is done only with parental agreement. Nothing was mentioned in the article about that.

Even where I work, there have been a lot of call-ins already because of flu-like symptoms ranging from head and chest difficulties to gut problems, if you get my drift. While we don't want sick people showing up at work, it sure makes it hard on the rest of us when we are operating with a short crew.

So now, I'm thinking, I already take vitamins to help ward off illnesses that come around this time of the year. Even when I get feeling a bit puny, the vitamins help me recuperate a lot faster. I wonder if there are any additional benefits of flax seed as far as the immune system is concerned? As I get older, I find I need more nutritional support to keep from catching everything I'm exposed to at work!

Technorati Tags: ,,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home