spellquizzer

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Easy to clean

This time of the year, when we have a lot of snow being tracked in, I am reminded of years past when tracking in gunk from outside was a daily occurrence while homeschooling. We had outside animals that needed to be tended -- goats, chickens, rabbits, and dogs. Year 'round animal tending means that even if it's snowy or rainy, those chores must be done.

We never had carpeting on the floor because of the muck that would be dragged in on shoes and boots. Now, as then, I really wish for pergo flooring for a more durable and easy-to-clean floor. I don't have all the outside animals anymore, but I do still go outside for gardening and taking my dog for walks.

I'm also considering getting more chickens, which will mean spending more time outside to tend to them and gather eggs. I have a good pair of muck boots which I leave just inside my front door, but it would be nice to be confident in cleaning the floor in an easier fashion!

Technorati Tags:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home