USGS secondary level modules
We are still being plagued with minor earthquakes in our part of the country. None are really large and damaging, but they are pretty well startling those of us who aren't used to this kind of earth activity. Last night, we experienced a 3.6 magnitude quake that startled a number of people from a sound sleep. A friend of mine lives less than a mile from the epicenter of that one, so it really shook her house.
I heard a muffled boom from a distance away before friends began reporting on a social networking site that they'd felt the shaking. It seems that always precedes these quakes and it's rare that I hear it from where I live. However, the quake wasn't too far from me so the sound did carry, although I didn't feel the shaking.
This prompted me to continue offering USGS teaching modules for your homeschool classroom. Perhaps, there are those of you who teach in private or public schools who can also use the USGS secondary level teaching modules. They cover a lot of information, and not just about earthquakes and seismology.
- Ecosystems
- Biology
- Geography
- Geology
- Water
As you can see, they can be easily incorporated into a science curriculum. Most resources are free, but there may be a few that require a small fee for joining an online learning course.
Labels: Science







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home