spellquizzer

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Internet outage

I guess the strong storms we've had lately have really done some damage, even though you can't see it around here. My internet has been out since Friday night (August 12, 2011). As I sit here, I wonder how I really managed without it!

Oh, I know. I used real books and real magazines. I interacted with friends and family face-to-face instead of on a social networking site. I did cooking and crafts and other projects, and actually got them completed. I didn't have the internet to burn my days up and occupy my nights.

It might not be a bad idea to actually turn it off a few days a week so I can get more done. Today, I've taken care of the animals (which I would do anyway), baked a loaf of white bread and a loaf of cornbread, put beans on to cook, and done some writing. Last night, I read completely through my most recent issue of Mother Earth News.

When is the last time you turned off your internet, or it went out due to weather? How did you occupy yourself?

Technorati Tags: ,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home